Why You Shouldn’t Overlook Renting Machine Control & GPS Equipment
We’re in the heart of construction season, a time many companies are asking themselves if they need to rent or buy more equipment to meet project demands.
This same question is commonly asked when thinking of expanding GPS and Machine Control equipment. But with this type of equipment, the questions are a little more specific:
- What’s the amount of work ahead?
- What’s the current financial situation?
- What’s my cost of ownership vs. cost of renting?
GPS and Machine Control rental can be a very viable solution and add profit to your bottom line.
Here are the top 5 reasons for renting 3D Machine Control and GPS equipment:
- Equipment Trial: Would you buy a car without test driving it first? When you rent, you can test out one or several models to make sure you find the perfect piece to fit your needs.
- No Depreciation and Increased Borrowing Power: When renting, you don’t have to worry about annual depreciation associated with owning equipment. You can always rent the latest, up-to-date equipment in order to be more efficient on your jobsite. Reducing balance sheet liabilities will offer a better asset to liability ratio for your business.
- Up-to-Date Equipment: In order to succeed in today’s competitive environment and be as efficient as possible, you must have the latest equipment. Many businesses cannot afford to buy the equipment necessary to gain a competitive advantage and that’s where rental can be a great solution.
- Flexibility: With an extensive machine control rental fleet at your disposal, you can take on more projects that require a wider variety of equipment during peak times.
- No Capital Investment Needed: Rental expenses can be billed back to the customer or deducted annually as a business expense. Buying a piece of equipment, however, is a capital expense that must be treated as such when taxes are due.